ASSOCIATE DIGITAL PRODUCT MANAGER, DATA & DISCOVERY
Written April 7, 2021
NAPCO Media, a subsidiary of PRINTING United Alliance, is a fast-paced B2B media organization serving industries ranging from printing and promotional products to nonprofit and retail. We specialize in the creation and cross-channel distribution of exceptional content on print and digital platforms such as newsletters, magazines, podcasts, social media, and events. Our mission is to build community between the audiences and clients we serve.
In our hiring process, our goal is to develop and retain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they are respected, treated fairly and given equal opportunity to excel in their careers.
NAPCO Media recognizes our employees are our greatest asset and our benefits package is designed to take good care of our employees. Along with a competitive salary, the comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision programs, company-paid life and disability insurance, paid time off/paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with generous company match and a wide variety of additional benefits.
The ideal candidate can leverage their understanding of audience behavior, data and user experience to make successful digital products serving both our advertisers and audiences. Your creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, growth mindset and willingness to embrace a vision will allow you to dive deep into continuously improving digital product features, operations, and supporting technologies.
This role uses a variety of data sources, business intelligence, technology, and UX principles to create and improve search and discovery products. The Associate Digital Product Manager, Data & Discovery has the primary responsibilities of:
- Assisting in new product development by ideating and defining product requirements and features.
- Collaborating with brand owners, designers, and subject matter experts to adapt products to specific market segments.
- Understanding how the products are architected with sufficient detail to improve their performance, troubleshoot, and resolve problems.
- Evaluating, managing, and supporting 3rd party data sources and vendor integrations to add significant value to the user experience or underlying data.
- Collaborating with brand owners, sales and marketing teams, ad operations and other internal departments to create consistent support documentation (product sales decks, operational training, knowledge bases, etc.)
- Identifying new market opportunities and advocating the proliferation of use among target markets.
- 3-5 years of experience in digital products, data products, UX design, website development, data analysis, or information architecture.
- 2+ Years of product management or a demonstrable understanding of the product life cycle.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify and analyze problems, prioritize solutions, and create actionable plans.
- Experience with data collection and modelling, SQL, NoSQL, ETL, Solr and other data retrieval concepts.
- Versed in search and business technology and concepts such as SEM, PPC, 1st/3rd party data.
- Passion for app development, UX, or the application of AI/ML or NLP is a plus.
NAPCO Media is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.