Written October 14, 2021
PRINTING United Alliance, the largest national graphic arts trade association, represents an industry with approximately one million employees and serves the interests of thousands of member companies. We deliver to our members products and services that enhance their knowledge, growth, efficiency, and profitability through advocacy, research, education, and networking.
In our hiring process, our goal is to develop and retain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunity to excel in their careers.
PRINTING United Alliance recognizes our employees are our greatest asset and our benefits package is designed to take good care of our employees. Along with a competitive salary, the comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision programs, company-paid life and disability insurance, paid time off/paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with generous company match and a wide variety of additional benefits.
The Program Manager will be responsible for all association awards programs, including the logistics, promotions & marketing, communications, nomination process, and facilitation of awards ceremonies spotlighting outstanding achievements in the printing industry. The Awards Program Manager will serve as primary contact for all awards programs including Premier PRINT Awards, Pinnacle Product Awards, and other industry award initiatives.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Grow and drive award programs by working with marketing and media brands to identify and solicit entries.
- Work to ensure that that all award programs are of the highest of quality and meet or exceed the organizations’, sponsors’, and winners’ goals for impact and visibility.
- Prepare and maintain a yearly timeline for all current and emerging awards initiatives ensuring that each awards program remains on schedule from the call for entries process through post-ceremony follow-up.
- Update award entry submission process and works with web and social media team to enhance awards materials and each award website platform.
- Maintain a database for each award program, tracks submissions and communications with organizations who have submitted entries.
- Organize and coordinate awards judging and selection process and ensures that all entries are eligible to receive the award.
- Facilitate all communications with judges, awardees, media, and other key representatives.
- Coordinate all logistics for awards ceremonies, including award events, ordering awards trophies, and contacting award winners.
- Coordinate all pre- and post-award ceremony P.R./ media needs and requests.
- Develop and implement an evaluation method to assess award program strengths and identify areas for improvements.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or Master’s Degree in business or related field.
- Comfortable managing programs over $500,000.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and follow each carefully from inception to completion.
- Experience in managing teams with excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work efficiently with diverse groups of people in a collaborative setting.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- High ownership and ability to find solutions and a path forward to complete projects.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities.
This is a remote role. Regardless of location, must be available to work Eastern time. Equipment and tools needed to be able to work from home (laptop, software, etc.) will be provided.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor.
PRINTING United Alliance is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.