EXHIBIT SERVICES COORDINATOR
Written October 19, 2021
PRINTING United Alliance, the largest national graphic arts trade association, represents an industry with approximately one million employees and serves the interests of thousands of member companies. We deliver to our members products and services that enhance their knowledge, growth, efficiency, and profitability through advocacy, research, education, and networking.
In our hiring process, our goal is to develop and retain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunity to excel in their careers.
PRINTING United Alliance recognizes our employees are our greatest asset and our benefits package is designed to take good care of our employees. Along with a competitive salary, the comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision programs, company-paid life and disability insurance, paid time off/paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with generous company match and a wide variety of additional benefits.
The Exhibit Services Coordinator provides key program support to the Exposition Department in the areas of exhibit vendor and logistical management, as well as other PRINTING United Expo related programs. This position will assist the Director of Exhibit Sales and Services and the Vice President, Expositions in the production of one annual exposition and requires the ability to organize projects simultaneously and keep on schedule and budget.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Primary administrator for Zendesk to include managing Zendesk customer service inquires, updating customer service macros, and assigning inquiries to applicable staff, compiling metrics and reports from Zendesk as requested.
- Working with Vice President, Business Development on the fulfillment of sponsorships contracted for the annual PRINTING United Expo.
- Main point of contact for applicable vendors and exhibitors to ensure successful fulfillment of the sponsorships contracted. Fulfillment will require an extensive attention to detail, pulling and coordinating data from multiple sources, working with Exhibitors and vendors, adhering to deadlines and prolific excel work. This will include communicating to vendors what is to be executed in fulfilling the contracted sponsorship to include signage specifications, event orders for contracted meeting rooms, obtaining applicable graphic files from the exhibitor and ensuring onsite at the event that vendors are executing what was contracted.
- Work in concert with the other members of the department in overseeing the creation and dissemination of Expo related print and electronic event related materials.
- Consistently review website throughout show cycle to ensure accuracy of information.
- Enforce the terms and conditions of our exhibit contracts, show rules and regulations to also include collect/file COIs from EACs and Exhibitors, assist in reviewing exhibitor booth drawings and rigging requests.
- Be comfortable working in floorplan management software (Map Your Show) to fulfill report and data requests from other staff
- Involved in the development of exhibitor rules & regulations and participate in booth sales, including telethon and onsite. Including booking of booth space in floorplan software system, reconfiguring booth space to accommodate exhibitor requests, ensure correct pricing is applied to booth space and other duties to ensure data in system is accurate.
- Supervise, in concert with other PRINTING United Staff, move-in and move-out activities in the exhibit hall.
- Assist with writing RFPs exhibit related vendors as needed.
- Assist the Director of Exhibit Sales and Services and Vice President, Exposition in the management of the general service contractor for the tradeshow.
Note: Essential functions and major duties/responsibilities of this job are described above. They may be subject to change at any time.
- Event management experience is a must. CMP, CMM or CEM certification is a plus.
- Zendesk experience is a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, project management skills required.
- Ability to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Ability to organize projects simultaneously and keep on schedule and budget.
- Must be able to travel multiple times a year (10%) including overnight travel of up to 14 days.
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service and can interact effectively and appropriately with individuals of various levels, professions and cultures.
- Professional attitude and demeanor in all projects and outside events as the position is a representative of the Association.
- Function independently with minimal supervision for select projects and as part of a collaborative team for other tasks.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality administration or a related field
- 1 – 2 years of experience in event management
- Association work experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint required. Experience working in Microsoft 365 a plus.
- Prefer experience with floor plan computer programs (ExpoCad, A2Z, MYS)
- Prefer experience with vendor contracts and relations
- Prefer experience with Zendesk or similar customer service online tool
- Prefer experience with Microsoft Teams
- Customer Service experience is required
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Packaging, lifting, and mailing products and publications
- Ability to lift 30 lbs to assist with the moving and unpacking of Exposition shipments
- Retrieving office supplies for departmental use
Currently PRINTING United Alliance is on a work-from-home status with very limited in-office (Fairfax, VA office) presence as defined by the manager and PRINTING United Alliance. Onboarding will require an in-office presence for necessary training. Safety is paramount and all onsite activities are conducted in accordance with local mandates and best practices.
Future in-office presence on a consistent part-time to full-time basis may be required.
PRINTING United Alliance is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.