In 2019, SGIA became one of 112 signatories of the US EPA’s America Recycles Pledge. This pledge is a formal way to demonstrate our commitment to participate in an ongoing dialogue to identify specific actions to improve the nation’s recycling systems.
Our participation allows the printing industry to have access to resources and engage with others to provide solutions allowing for a greater participation in the circular economy. Below you’ll find a summary of the events we support to promote recycling initiatives. We also have links to an educational tool compiled of nation-wide databases that will inform you of where and how to recycle in your local area. In order to make the biggest positive impact, we encourage everyone to take advantage of these resources in their personal as well as professional lives.
SGIA Sponsors TLMI’s Saving Dollars by Landfill Avoidance Summit
The Tag and Label Manufactures Institute (TLMI) hosted a pilot recycling education event in St. Louis, MO on October 16, 2019. The purpose of this event was to bring together local businesses with recycling companies in their community.
A waste to energy facility also attended to educate the attendees on the benefits this option provides for certain non-recyclable materials. Attendees engaged in a collaborative discussion about the logistics of recycling such as how to store it, cost comparisons, growing customer demand for zero waste to landfill systems, etc. The goal of the program was achieved as it allowed those with a common goal the ability to think globally but act locally through available sustainability initiatives.
National Recycling Day
- On November 15 SGIA is recognizing National Recycling Day by opening our Sustainable Business Recognition Program!
- We are attending America Recycles Day Summit to connect with other leaders in making the US recycling system more resilient.
- We are attending America Recycles Week Innovation Fair to stay informed on the nation’s newest advances in technologies, products, and material usage in the recycling arena.
- Get involved with National Recycling Day at work or at home with these activities. Browse around the National Recycling Day site to find fact sheets, posters and signage, sample social media posts, etc.
Recycling Locator Tools
Recycling is complicated. Let’s make it easier! Use the tools below to search for where and how to recycle in your area.
- Search by material and zip code with Earth 911 “Where to Recycle” or “ Find Recycling” Tools.
- Read up on the details! Is your material recyclable or not? How does it get recycled? What challenges come with that process? Find out with Earth 911 “How to Recycle” Tool
- Keep yourself updated on recycling facts specific to your area including what items are banned, recycling rates, etc. with the Keep America Beautiful “Be Recycled” Tool
- Find an end market for your used materials with the Excess Materials Exchange
- Utilize the Recyclist App and online resources to easily manage and monitor your waste management systems
Help us make a database tailored to you.
For printing operations, let us know what vendor you’re are currently using.
If you are a vendor, let us know where you’re located and what materials you accept.
Or contact email@example.com directly.
For more information, or if you have specific questions, please contact SGIA's Government Affairs Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.