The Production Manager is responsible for directing, planning, assigning, and monitoring all the activities of Production Printing, Finishing and Shipping. Provides effective leadership, vison and direction for Supervisors and support staff. The production manger’s responsibility also includes overall quality control, ordering raw materials, inventory accuracy and safety. This position will hire, train, motivate and supervise the department’s staff to meet company goals. The Production Manager maintains a high quality standard and establishes work procedures, materials and equipment for each level of work. The Production Manager will also work with Gillespie Graphics management team to establish and ensure adherence with organizational procedures, polices and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES other duties as assigned…
• Plans daily, weekly and monthly work schedules for all production.
• Schedules, communicates, tracks job status for production to ensure on time delivery and meet customer expectations.
• Communicates any production or scheduling challenges to the project managers
• Reviews job costing information and communicates findings to management and works to improve or make improvements in manufacturing to meet expectations.
• Helps resolves scheduling conflicts and works with the project managers to meet the customers’ expectations
• Monitors the quality standard of all production products meet or exceed the company and customer specifications.
• Ensures production materials have been ordered or accounted for to meet customers’ expectations
• Works with Project Managers, and the Sales staff to recommend or specify a product or production method for customer product requests.
• Communicate any problems or obstacles to manager.
• Ensures all employees adhere to safety policies, trained and properly use PPE’s within the Production Department.
• Reads all SDS sheets and is involved in the approval process for the print department.
• Provides estimated timelines or time studies for the Estimating and Customer Service department and estimates for future jobs in timely manner.
• Performs routine inventory inspections and counts to ensure accuracy of inventory.
• Ensures alterations are changed and noted on job tickets to improve accuracy and to meet customer expectations.
• Makes recommendations for personnel and equipment requirements.
• Trains, motivates, supports and provides direction to employees on equipment, behavior, work activities and procedures to meet the company’s expectations.
• Ensures proper operation, preventative maintenance and repair of all printing equipment for the department.
• Participates in management, production and team meetings.
• Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
• Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
• Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with customers, vendors and coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
• Respectfully takes direction from Manager.
Directly supervises production supervisors and other employees without a direct supervisor in the production area. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 3 years in a supervisory/management position.
Ability to read, analyze, interpret documents such as safety rules, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions,
percentages, area, circumference, linear footage, MSI, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such
as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Job requires some specialized computer skills. Must be adept at using various applications including RIP software, enter database information, spreadsheet, report writing, project management, graphics, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communicate by e-mail and possible use of scheduling software.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.