WIDE FORMAT TECHNICIAN
Madison Heights, MI textile decorator seeks seasoned Wide Format Digital Technician to oversee and maintain the operation of all printing and peripheral equipment.
• Provide equipment maintenance, operator training and quality control for all Trevco industrial equipment including but not limited to our Mimaki and D-Gen wide-format inkjet printers, Kornit direct-to-garment printers, Adelco and Airjet dryers, as well as peripheral equipment.
• Provide trouble-shooting and repairs on equipment that may be experiencing electrical, mechanical, pneumatic or program issues.
• Establish proactive maintenance schedule to keep all equipment operating efficiently and at top capacity and quality.
• Train all operators on proper operation and maintenance of equipment to minimize down time, maximize productivity and produce top-quality products.
• Establish relationships with all suppliers. Negotiate pricing on equipment and supplies to maximize benefit to the Company.
• Closely work with the Production Manager as well as all other divisions of the Company to help streamline processes, improve efficiencies and provide our customers with prompt delivery and top-quality products.
• Maintain all supply levels (ink, paper, parts, etc.) so that all machines can run continuously without interruption.
• Establish, manage a 2-person tech team for Company’s two shifts.
• Limited travel may become necessary for occasional supplier visits, equipment training and/or industry trade shows.
• Minimum two-year technical degree or equivalent covering mechanical, digital, and electronic technology
• Minimum two years in field engineering positions servicing electro-mechanical devices
• Demonstrate employee management skills with strong commitment to customer satisfaction
• Demonstrate ability to independently manage all equipment in a high-output factory including effective management of assets i.e. parts, tools, company information, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems to the component level
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (telephone and email) with Company supplier engineers regarding hardware and software applications
• Working knowledge of RIPS, color theory, Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems and basic networking protocols
• Working knowledge of materials and chemicals used in the printing industry
• In-depth knowledge of personal computers, industrial inkjet printers, large format printers, direct-to-garment printers, heat presses, dryers and printing applications
• Knowledge of high and low voltage wiring, capability of identifying and qualifying single phase as well as three phase power requirements
• Ability to work within tight spaces, crawl on hard concrete floors and physically contort to access components.
• Familiarity with apparel decorating processes such as DTG (direct-to-garment), Screen Printing and Sublimation.
Competitive salary and benefits including full medical, profit sharing, 401K, paid holidays, etc.