Gillespie Graphics, a recognized industry leader in graphic screen-printing and large format digital imaging located in Wilsonville, has an opening for a Plant Manager.
The Plant Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating the operations of several departments to obtain efficiency and economy in addition to leading continuous improvement within the manufacturing operations.
This position is a supervisory role and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of production personnel. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Plans, develops, and implements company policy and goals, coordinating with top management to meet company objectives.
• Analyzes departmental budgets and determines changes needed in personnel, equipment and operational procedures.
• Oversees shop safety, maintains an accident free environment and ensures all employees adhere to safety policies, training programs and properly use PPE’s within the Production Department.
• Develops and implements a lean manufacturing environment includes on-time delivery, waste reduction and increased productivity.
• Helps resolves scheduling conflicts and works with the project managers to meet the customers’ expectations.
• Helps, plans and directs production activities, establishing priorities in keeping with effective operations and cost factors, ensuring job and plant profitability (measured through Job Gross Profit). Develops cost controls for all plant operational activities and monitors inventory levels.
• Ensures all inventory programs are maintained with proper support levels, inventory accuracy though cycle counts and accurate employee job costing data.
• Works with Project Managers and the Sales staff to recommend or specify a product or production method for customer product requests.
• Reviews, analyzes and implements production quality control. Confers with management to establish and improve production and quality control standards.
• Consult with technical sales representatives on equipment acquisitions to improve productivity and the quality of printing. Makes equipment recommendations.
• Master's and/or Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Engineering; five to ten years administration experience in screen printing and/or digital imaging plant operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong skills in work planning, scheduling, and must have good judgment of color, design, and printing quality.
• Job requires specialized computer skills. Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, report writing, project management, graphics, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software.
Gillespie Graphics offers PTO, group medical and vision, short and long term disability, paid holidays, 401(k) and profit sharing.
If you have experience, knowledge, and strive to be an effective leader, apply today for the Plant Manager position by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org