PRODUCTION- PRINT SHOP- PRESS OPERATOR -Non-Exempt-Full-Time
Salary Range: $35,000 to $45,000
Position opening and closing dates: September 19, 2018 until filled. For best consideration apply by October 10.
The Press Operator operates screen printing presses to print face plates or calibration strips for company products. Operates fully automatic sheet fed presses. Handles chemicals, inks and cleaning solvents. Makes sensitive adjustments to equipment including aligning screens for proper registration.
Monitors equipment and job run during process for quality and consistency of finished pieces. Cleans, oils, adjusts, repairs and services equipment. Performs a variety of assignments requiring thorough knowledge of techniques, materials, and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that all equipment is kept in good working order
• Be able to anticipate, recognize, and fix problems including troubleshooting technical problems
• Maintain an intimate knowledge of good printing practices and procedures
• Prepare and image all plates/screens for use in the printing presses
• Set up and run all pre-press, press, and die cutting equipment
• Verify that materials received are correct and in good condition.
• Perform quality checks on printed materials throughout the production process
• Inspect and verify that printed materials meet or exceed QC requirements
• Maintain records of all print/production parameters, press settings.
• Monitor inventory and supplies.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Creative problem-solving ability
• Good computer skills
• Good color perception and be able to mix and match colors
• Knowledgeable about good printing practices and procedures
• Mechanical aptitude
• Good hand/eye coordination (dexterity)
• Able to lift 50lbs and stand for 8 hours
• Experience in screen printing industry
Generous benefits package including employer paid health insurance, 401K, PTO, life insurance, and Wellness
How to Apply: Submit letter of interest and 3 references to email@example.com EEO