Credit & Collection Manager
Written October 16, 2019
FLSA Status: Exempt
Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in conducting credit investigations and collecting delinquent accounts from customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assigns workers responsibility for investigating and verifying financial status and reputation of prospective customers applying for credit, preparing documents to substantiate findings, and recommending rejection or approval of applications.
- Establishes credit limitations on customer accounts and handles special credit arrangements and deviations from standard terms of payment.
- Assigns responsibility for investigation of fraud cases and possible legal action and collection for worthless checks and delinquent bills.
- Establishes and updates customers' credit activities.
- Reviews collection reports to ascertain status of collections and balances outstanding and to evaluate effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures.
- Audits delinquent accounts considered to be uncollectible to ensure maximum efforts have been taken before assigning bad debt status to account.
- Coordinates with others, including personnel in company branches and credit card companies, to exchange information and update controls.
- Submits delinquent accounts to attorney or outside agency for collection.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data on fraudulent use of credit cards to develop procedures designed to deter or prevent future abuses.
- Assists management in the formulation of credit policies.
- Recruits, selects, orients, and trains staff.
- Studies and standardizes procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Prepares annual Budget and controls departmental expenses.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of supervisory and non-supervisory personnel. Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with company policies, procedures, safety, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from college or university; five to ten years experience in screen printing, digital imaging, or related activities; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong skills in work planning, scheduling, and must have good judgment of color, design, and print quality.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and employees.
Ability to comprehend and apply the principles of advanced mathematics and statistical theory. Ability to work with complex mathematical and statistical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, walk, or hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Some independent travel is required.