Join SGIA and its partners the Plastics Industry Association and Retail Industry Leaders Assocaition for part one of its three-part webinar series, "Supply Chain Guide to Circularity: Retail Sales." Part one, titled, "Designing Products and Packaging Using Recycled Content," presents a roster of qualified speakers discussing possibilities and strategies for the use of recycled content for retail applications. Part Two (February 13) will cover materials sourcing. Part Three (March 15) will cover rycyclability from design through collection.
Here's the agenda and speaker roster for Part One:
- Plastics: Overview of Recycled Content and Managing PCR Expectations
- Basic description of recycled content
- Explanation of PIR vs. PCR
- Understanding material specification and qualification for using recycled content
- Adjusting design expectations when using recycled content
- Building Green Brand Recognition: Case Study on Aveda
- How your company designs to use PCR
- What are the challenges
- How have you used these imperfections to your advantage when building your green brand?
- What is the customer response?
- Utilizing Sustainable Printing Solutions
- Provide an overview of sustainable printing
- Discuss implications of using PCR on printing and/or using printing to overcome design limitations from use of PCR
- Mark Richardson, Consultant at Series One, LLC and Director of Advanced Plastics Manufacturing Initiative at Oakland University
- Scott Crosby, Vice-President of Sales and Marketing at Holland and Crosby
- Shannon Grant, Director of Design Graphics at Aveda
- Dan Schibel, Global Sustainability Manager at Aveda