Whether you're new to the screen printing industry, or a seasoned professional, this workshop is designed to give you lots of hands-on experience and plenty of practice with advanced techniques. Let SGIA help build your garment decoration business with new skills and knowledge:
- Improve your screen printing talent
- Gain valuable insight into techniques that set industry leading shops far above the rest
- Take control of artwork and produce stunning results
- Master the latest, most innovative inks and printing techniques such as simulated process, water-based inks, special effects, gels, glitters and foils
This class is designed for shops that want to step up their game to become professional and profitable garment screen printers.
You’ll take an active role in this class by stretching, coating, exposing, and setting up the press. You'll leave with a complete understanding of each process. This intensive five-day workshop offers the full range of training and hands-on printing including:
- Advanced screen making techniques using the latest high-tech equipment
- Artwork and separations
- Press setup and registration
- Critical facts for using plastisol, water-based, discharge, burnout, and more
- Parameters for proper flashing and curing
- Advanced printing techniques (simulated, four-color process, indexed, special effects)
- High-end shirt treatments to set your product above the rest
- Print variables and how to control them
- Proper methods for squeegee selection, print stroke speed and angle
- Quality control
- Print troubleshooting
- Production tips and tricks to increase efficiency, throughput, and yield
Get up close, personal instruction from industry veteran Charlie Taulieb, a recognized expert in decorated apparel. Registration includes all workshop materials and lunch daily.
This workshop takes place in SGIA's state-of-the-art laboratory located in Fairfax, Virginia (a suburb of Washington, DC). Minimum class size requirements must be met 2 1/2 weeks prior to workshop start date in order to hold workshop. SGIA Registration/Cancellation Policies.
SGIA may on occasion take photographs and/or video of its program participants for use in print materials or by electronic methods. Your entry into SGIA facilities, participation in SGIA programs or participation in SGIA events grants permission for SGIA to use these photographs and/or video in its marketing and public relations efforts.