SGIA's annual Product of the Year competition showcases products that keep the specialty imaging industry moving forward. Winning companies achieve worldwide recognition and the ability to market their product as a winner of this prestigious competition.
Entry Guidelines: Only SGIA member exhibitors can enter the outstanding products that benefited the industry in 2016. Entries are $75 each.
Entry Deadline: September 2, 2016 (entries must arrive at the SGIA Depository in Las Vegas by September 9, 2016.)
Entry Fee: $75 Per entry.
Judging for Product of the Year (output and non-output competition)
Judging for all categories will be held Tuesday, September 13, 2016. Judges will choose products and award the most innovative products for the digital imaging community for the year 2016. Judges reserve the right to bestow awards in categories with fewer than three entrants.
The Product of the Year Award will be presented in each of the following categories:
1. Digital Inks
- Display/Exhibit Hardware
- Equipment — Routers/Cutters
- Equipment — Laminators
- Equipment — All others
- Laminates, Adhesives, Films, Coatings
3. Large Format Scanners
- Adhesive Back (not vinyl)
- Textile — Apparel
- Textile — Flag
- Textile — Banner
- Textile — Framing Systems
- Textile — Canvas
- Textile — Wall Covering
- Banner (non-textile)
- Adhesive Back Vinyl
5. Screen Printing
- Manual Garment Press
- Automatic Graphic Press
- Automatic Garment Press
- Automatic Industrial Press
Output Devices — Test Print Shootout
- Direct-to-Garment Printers (white shirt)
- Direct-to-Garment Printers (color shirt — not white)
- Flatbed/hybrid (under $100K)
- UV Hybrid ($100-500K)
- UV Flatbed (under $100K)
- UV Flatbed ($100K–200K)
- UV Flatbed ($200K–500K)
- UV Flatbed +White ($100K–200K)
- UV FLatbed +White ($200K–500K)
- Small Flatbed/less than 36"x36" (Industrial/Small Item Decoration)
- Roll-to-Roll Aqueous (under 64 in.)
- Roll-to-Roll Solvent/Latex (under 80 in.)
- Roll-to-Roll Solvent/Latex (over 80 in.)
- Roll-to-Roll UV (under 80 in.)
- Roll-to-Roll UV (over 80 in.)
- Roll-to-Roll Non-Traditional/New Technology
- Roll-to-Roll Direct Disperse Ink on Textile
- Roll-to-Roll Dye Sublimation on Textile*
- Roll-to-Roll Dye Sublimation on Metal*
- UV Hybrid/Flatbed High Volume Production Class
*The winning entry will recognize the RIP software, ink, paper, fabric, and heat press manufacturer as partners in this award.
Entries in the Test Print Shootout may only be submitted by Exhibiting SGIA Supplier Member companies that manufacture output devices.
Open to any inkjet output device currently available for sale during the competition, entrants will be required to print and submit a test image created by the Association. The image is designed to make output devices run through their paces by printing a number of challenging images and test patterns. Entrants will receive additional information to obtain the test image, as well as full information on shipping of the required print.
Entering the competition is only possible using the Product of the Year website. Upon receipt of payment, SGIA will email you a confirmation letter that includes an Information Kit as a PDF attachment. The Information Kit contains complete shipping instructions and Competition Package Identification Labels. Instructions for properly preparing your entry(s) for display are also included.