HP Indigo 12000 HD Digital Press
At PRINT 17, HP Inc. announced the HP Indigo 12000 HD Digital Press with breakthrough high definition imaging, and new print performance technology for HP PageWide Web Presses, setting new industry benchmarks for quality, productivity and color. These solutions are yet another step by HP in leading the acceleration of the analog-to-digital graphics printing transformation.The High Definition Imaging System for the B2-sized HP Indigo 12000 HD Digital Press doubles image resolution to 1625 dpi, delivering sharper, smoother, finer print. With this high addressability print resolution, print service providers (PSPs) can surpass offset quality and open new digital possibilities in high-end commercial and photo applications. HP Indigo’s market-leading1 Series 4 large format platform has alreadyreached 600 presses operating worldwide, with the sale last week of an HP Indigo 12000 Digital Press to American Litho. For HP PageWide Web Presses, Performance HDK mode is a new optimization technology for High Definition Nozzle Architecture (HDNA) printing. Now available for the HP PageWide Web T240 HD, it offers improved quality in color or mono at full press speed of 500 feet per minute. As a result, more high-quality digital pages can be economically produced on inkjet for publishing, direct mail and commercial print. “We see more and more graphics businesses reinventing with HP digital. These new technologies can help PSPs address a wider range of commercial printing applications and open new revenue streams,” said Santi Morera, general manager, HP Inc. Graphics Solutions Business. “With the new HP Indigo High Definition Imaging technology, the output is much higher quality than any competing digital solution and can even surpass the caliber of offset printing.” HP today also announced commercial availability of the HP Indigo 50000 Digital Press, following successful beta customer testing at Creel Printing. The HP Indigo 50000 press is a 2017 MUST SEE ‘EMs Award winner. The oversized B1 press, designed for high-volume, high-coverage commercial and photo applications, is making it possible to move more jobs from offset to digital. The HP Indigo 12000 HD is expected to begin shipping by the end of the year. HP Indigo HD Imaging technology is achieved on the HP Indigo 12000 Digital Press by an all-new High Definition Imaging System, using an additional 12 laser beams to increase image resolution to 1625 dpi. HD technology will also become available as an upgrade for HP Indigo 12000 and HP Indigo 10000 digital presses.2 Additionally, a powerful set of image quality tools, including image enhancement software and creative inks are enabling the full transformation of photo printers from traditional silver halide processes to digital.
- Color impact solutions for the HP Indigo 10000 series produce richer results for high-print quality photo and commercial applications
- Superfine color profile for the HP Indigo 12000 and HP Indigo 7900 digital presses
- New HP Indigo ElectroInk Light Light Black for professional images, for both color and black and white applications
- ProColor software for image enhancement
- Extended color gamut with Fluorescent Orange, Green and Yellow ElectroInks, now starting beta customer testing.
- PrintOS Jobs, offering real time view and search capabilities of workload on HP devices
- PrintOS Service Center, a single point of access to all service tools and processes available
- PrintOS Box a shorter job submission to press through improved Easy Submit portal
- PrintOS Site Flow for the HP One Book Publishing solution