In an increasingly competitive global economy, training and education is critical to the long-term viability of the specialty imaging industry. SGIA has long recognized the important role educational institutions play in providing a skilled workforce to the trade and is committed to providing the educator resources necessary in order to ensure the future success of this industry.
For just $25, gain access to SGIA member-only resources and take advantage of all the benefits for imaging professionals.
SGIA Educational Institution Membership Benefits
- Student eligibility for SGIA scholarships
- Curriculum outlines
- Annual ASDPT Tom Frecska Student Printing Competition
- Free admission to educational seminars at PRINTING United
- Confidential, unbiased technical support
- Printing resources
- SGIA Journal
- SGIA industry analysis & benchmarking reports
- Online Buyers Guide and Guide to Printers
- Discount programs for members
SGIA Student Ambassador Program-2019
SGIA is looking for 10 graphic communication students studying at an SGIA Educational Institution Member school to apply to be a Student Ambassador at PRINTING United. Attend the expo as SGIA’s guest (travel grant provided) and learn about new printing technology, connect with industry experts, and see just how big the printing industry is and what it has to offer.
Applying is easy– The deadline to apply is September 6th
Basic requirements include:
- 18 + years of age
- Good academic standing (3.0 GPA or higher)
- Cover letter of explanation as to why they want to participate; why they should be chosen; goals
- Letter of recommendation from Student Advisor or Professor
- Current copy of academic transcript
- Available to travel 10/22/2019-10/25/2019 (Dallas, TX)
Why apply to be a SGIA Student Ambassador?
- Learn about SGIA
- How SGIA can play an integral role in your professional career path
- What are the benefits and opportunities from being a valued member of the association
- Experience the printing industry and all it has to offer in one place – 2019 PRINTING United
The PRINTING United experience includes an expansive and comprehensive display of printing technologies and supplies, education, programming while affording the opportunity to educate and inform you -- the up and coming printer generation.
This newly relaunched event will allow you access to the latest solutions for apparel, graphics/wide-format and functional printing applications, while also extending into the commercial, packaging, and in-plant printing segments. We want you -- the “new printing generation” -- to participate and engage by having the opportunity to attend the show floor which has the latest technologies and innovations in which you can experience and participate.
Enjoy the opportunity to attend the first-rate educational sessions, events, competitions, half-day intensives and luncheons in which you can be a part of and collaborate with the industry and its leaders.
SGIA has long recognized the important role educational institutions play in providing a skilled workforce to the trade and is committed to providing students access to resources necessary to ensure the future success of this industry.
We look forward to your participation!