- Awards & Competitions
- Safety Recognition
Supported by generous donations from endowment investors and industry leaders, the 2020 SGIA Scholarship Program will award $2,000 to 25 students studying graphic communications, granting a total of $50,000 in educational assistance for the 2020-2021 academic year.
SGIA Scholarships are awarded to students who:
- Plan to or currently attend an SGIA Educational Institution Member school
- Are enrolled to attend a college/university for the Fall 2020 semester
- Are full-time (registered for 12 or more credits)
- Are committed to pursuing a career in graphic communications, printing technology or printing management
- Can maintain a cumulative 3.0 grade point average or higher on a 4.0 scale
Scholarship applications are judged on a combination of the following: financial need, scholastic achievement, application essay, participation in extracurricular activities, achievements earned and awards received, work experience, and academic and professional recommendations.
Mail transcripts and recommendation letters not attached to the online application to SGIA Headquarters:
10015 Main Street
Fairfax, VA 22031
Applications must be submitted by June 30, 2020. All mailed materials must be post marked no later then June 30 to be accepted.
Scholarship award recipients will be announced no later than July 31. All recipients will be notified by email or phone. A complete list of scholarship award recipients will be posted on SGIA.org. The awarded scholarship monies shall be deposited directly to the educational institution indicated on the application form in one payment no later than August 31, for use during the Fall and Spring semesters.
If you have any questions about the SGIA Scholarship, contact Membership.