Supported by generous donations from endowment investors and industry leaders, the 2018 SGIA Scholarship Program will award $2,000 to 15 student recipients.
The scholarship deadline is April 30, 2018.
How to Apply
- Fill out the online application. There is an option to “Save and continue later” if you wish to revisit the application at another time. Simply click “Save and continue later” at the top of the application and enter your email address. Be sure to check your junk folder if you did not receive a link.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your application is submitted.
- Remember to mail in or email two academic and professional recommendation letters along with your school transcript.
*Note: There is an essay portion. We recommend that you write your essay in a Word Document and copy and paste the text into the essay text box on the application.
SGIA Scholarships are awarded to full-time students who:
- Plan to or currently attend an SGIA Educational Institution Member college or university domestically or internationally for the Fall 2018 semester
- Are committed to pursuing a career in graphic communications, printing technology or printing management
- Can maintain a cumulative 3.0 grade point average or higher on a 4.0 scale
Scholarship applications are judged on a combination of the following: financial need, scholastic achievement, application essay, participation in extracurricular activities, achievements earned and awards received, work experience, as well as academic and professional recommendations. Transcripts and recommendation letters can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed directly to SGIA:SGIAAttn: Scholarship10015 Main StreetFairfax, VA 22031
Scholarship award recipients will be announced no later than May 31, 2018. All recipients will be notified via email or phone. A complete list of scholarship award recipients will be posted on SGIA.org. The awarded scholarship monies shall be deposited directly to the educational institution indicated on the application form in one payment no later than July 31, 2018, for use during the Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 semesters. Scholarship awards may be used for tuition, room and board, or books.
If you have any questions about the SGIA Scholarship, please contact Erin Nuss at email@example.com.