Take an active role in developing tomorrow’s marketplace by joining a committee or advisory council - complete an Application for SGIA Committee Membership Today!
Steering committees address issues related to a specific community within the industry and are organized based on a vertical market or printer segment. The charge for steering committees is to increase the relevance of SGIA, its activities, events, services, and influence for a community, and provide expertise in specific areas of operations.
Steering committees provide guidance, direction and support on projects within the organization, including community-focused events and educational programming. Established metrics will determine how well each committee achieves its charge and performs its fundamental mission.
As part of its work, each steering committee will develop a plan to increase reach in the following areas:
- Membership in your specific community
- Exhibitors related to your specific community’s needs
- Attendance of your community at various events, most especially the Expo
- Developing a knowledge base to include research, white papers, and articles of interest for your community
- Social media outreach effort
- Media partnership opportunities, sponsorship opportunities, collaborative opportunities
Additionally, each SGIA Committee and Advisory Council operates within the strategic guidelines set by the Board of Directors.
Digital Textile and Décor Committee
Garment Decorators Committee - THREADX, powered by SGIA
Graphics Production Committee - WFX: Wide-Format Exchange
Industrial Applications and Printed Electronics Committee - FP3: Functional Printing, Process and Products conference
PDAA Installers Committee - Professional Decal Applicators Alliance Certification
Ink & Chemical Manufacturers Advisory Council
Sustainability, Safety, Health and Personnel Advisory Council